At LNE Consulting (Hollywood, FL), we know how unpredictable traffic can be, especially if you have a long commute to work. The radio can be repetitive and frustrating at times, especially when you’re aiming to prepare your brain for a productive day of work. Podcasts are revolutionizing the daily commute – offering compelling stories and hours of intelligent and informative entertainment. The best part? They are free and available right on your smartphone!
Here are 5 captivating podcasts recommended by LNE Consulting that will make your drive to work more enjoyable!
1. S-Town is an enthralling 7 part series that focuses on the life of an antique clock restorer named John B. Macklemore. Sounds boring, right? Well, he turns out to be one of the most intriguing and intelligent people on the planet — with secrets, conflict, and twists galore.
2. For those who are intrigued by the supernatural, The Black Tapes is the best thing going! An open-minded reporter, Alex Reagan, investigates ghosts, apparitions, and spirits while exploring the evidence of hauntings around the world. The Co-star, Dr. Richard Strand, is a nonbeliever who relies solely on science and tangible, proven evidence – almost always dismissing supernatural experiences as a hoax. Unlike S-Town, The Black Tapes is fictional; however, that opens up a lot of room for a gripping and tremendously spooky story. This podcast will make traffic breeze by, whether you’re on your way to LNE Consulting or running errands!
3. Crimetown takes you to 70’s and 80’s Providence, Rhode Island, where crime and corruption were all the norm in the political system. The studio is planning on working on a new area, new crime, and new story every season – but so far, season one is the only collection that has been published. Season one is a fascinating look into the political career of Vincent “Buddy” Cianci, the mayor of Providence from 1974-1984. The story documents his infamous political career, as well as his connection to the mafia, with real interviews from ex-mob members and people in Buddy’s circle.
4. The Nerdist Podcast, hosted by the geeky, charming, and well-spoken Chris Hardwick, is a wonderful way to hear the thoughts and opinions of famous and successful people in an informal setting. Essentially, each episode is an hour or so long interview with a stirring guest. However, like most interviews, it does not sound like a press release. The guests are completely open and engaged, answering brilliant, yet casual questions from Chris. It’s like sitting in on a conversation between two buddies! His guests have included Jake Gyllenhaal, J.J. Abrams, Keanu Reeves, and even Bill Gates!
5. History buffs unite! Check out Hardcore History. Hey, even if you have no prior knowledge of ancient civilizations and traditional academic history, you will love this podcast if you are looking to learn – and we sure do love to learn here at LNE Consulting. Dan Carlin has an unorthodox way of making history enjoyable while blending journalism and drama to create a stimulating learning experience. It is a great podcast to wake your brain up and provide you with some new information to share with your coworkers!