When it comes to creating and guiding a cohesive team that will get work done, our team leaders at LNE Consulting are the best! Need some tips and tricks on how to break the ice with your own team? Look no further, LNE Consulting has you covered.
- Try some ice-breakers. Name games and improv exercises are always a fun way to get to know your team members. Games open everyone up to being a little silly and perhaps a bit more relaxed—this will help to ease the nerves and get everyone familiar with their team.
- Go out on a team bonding excursion after work. Plan a time to go to an interesting event, or go to a cool restaurant. Perhaps breaking the ice just means getting everyone out of the office and into another environment where they feel like they can connect with you and the rest of the team.
- Plan something where your team has to work together to solve a problem. Take part in an Escape Room challenge or make a scavenger hunt for everyone to collaborate on. Not only does this show your passion for encouraging a cohesive team, but it will show that you’re putting the work in.
- If one of your team members seems less interested in large group settings, try meeting with them one-on-one. Build the individual relationship first, and then work on integrating this person into the group and helping him/her bond with others.
- Travel! There are few bonding experiences as effective as hitting the road (or the skies!) together. If you get the chance, we encourage you to head out of town with your team. Perhaps attend a conference or visit a client — and of course do something cool while you’re there. You’re guaranteed to have a great chat or two.
- Invite everyone over. If you really want to get to know your team, invite them into your world. Invite them home for dinner or to watch a movie. Introduce them to your family or friends. You’ll be amazed by how quickly you bond.
What are your best team-building ideas? Share them with LNE Consulting in the comments below!