LNE Consulting (Hollywood, FL) shares a collection of quotes that will change the way you think about success.
In every career path, people strive for the same thing: success. But success—ever desired and often elusive—is nearly impossible to quantify. A person who is largely viewed as successful may vehemently deny that they have reached such a status. The truth is that success comes in many different forms, each of which should be recognized and celebrated. That’s why LNE Consulting gathered 4 of the most thought-provoking quotes about success, guaranteed to challenge and transform the way you think about it.
1) “Never mind what others do; do better than yourself, beat your own record from day to day, and you are a success.”—William J.H. Boetcker
This quote is a fantastic reminder that those who constantly compare themselves to other people will never be content with any amount of success. At the end of the day, you are your biggest competitor. It’s you versus you. Your personal success should be measured by your personal progress!
2) “Life is about making an impact, not making an income.”—Kevin Kruse
So many people believe that the mark of true success is wealth. As Kruse reminds us with this quote, life should not be wasted in pursuit of financial gains. Your focus should be on leaving an impact that will live on after you’re gone, because money can’t buy you a legacy.
3) “Winners are not afraid of losing. But losers are. Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success.”—Robert T. Kiyosaki
This quote is one of many which emphasize the role of failure in reaching success. The lesson here is that success is never reached without the wisdom learned from failure. People who are too afraid to try will never learn such lessons and therefore never find prosperity.
4) “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”—Winston Churchill
As Winston Churchill reminds us with this quote, nothing is permanent. Those who reach success may become prideful and fall from it. In contrast, those who fail should not be discouraged, because the courage that they gain in persevering is pivotal in the pursuit of success.
Did you like this post? Check out the rest of LNE Consulting’s blog for similar content!
What motivates you during the week? LNE Consulting (Hollywood, FL) has found that one of the best motivators is the passion behind a little friendly competition. In our experience, there are few things more effective when it comes to inspiring top-tier performance.
We’ve put together a list of some of the best quotes about competition. Give it a read through and see if LNE Consulting can help you become motivated this week!
“Competition is not only the basis of protection to the consumer, but it is the incentive to progress.” Herbert Hoover said this and his words still ring true today. Think of competition not as a road block, but as more of a reason to continue to work harder and be better.
“Competition is a complex thing. It brings out the best and the worst in all participants. It refines the technique and sharpens the mind, body and spirit.” Herb Perez is on point — sometimes competition can be the very best inspiration to elevate your game and fine tune your skills. While competition can indeed be a double-edged sword, there’s a big difference between competition that is cut-throat and healthy. Remember, what’s most important is to become the best version of yourself.
“Competition has been shown to be useful up to a certain point and no further, but cooperation, which is the thing we must strive for today, begins where competition leaves off.” Franklin D. Roosevelt brings up a powerful point that competition can be a great motivator, but cooperation and teamwork are also essential tools when it comes to getting the job done. LNE Consulting strives for teamwork because a healthy blend of competition and cooperation are the keys to massive success.
“Look around at the competition, beat the competition in price, and make your stuff better than the competition,” said the great Lucy Bates—and she was right. There simply won’t be any real competition if you are working harder than everybody else and proving your place.
Keep up the grind! LNE Consulting believes in you!
What are your best tips for utilizing competition to your advantage in your career? Share them with LNE Consulting below!
Mornings can be rough, can’t they? At LNE Consulting, we understand the importance of not being stressed out and rushed before you head out to a full and productive day of work. We put together a list of five things you can do to ease your morning routines, reduce stress and make mornings much more enjoyable.
1. Make your lunch the night before. You may be tired and would really rather leave it until morning, but you’ll thank yourself in the morning when all you have to do is grab your lunch and head to work instead of waking up earlier to make it.
2. Set multiple alarms, earlier than you need to be awake. This way you’ll gradually start to be aware that you need to wake up soon, and you’ll also be able to reward yourself when you can sleep in an extra 10 minutes before you actually need to wake up!
3. Lay out your clothes the day before. Don’t waste time in the morning trying to find the perfect tie or that left sock – if you look ahead of time then all you have to do in the morning is wake up and get dressed. Dressed for success, always.
4. Turn on the coffee machine while you’re in the shower, this way the moment you’re out you can indulge in a wake me up and continue getting ready without having to wait for the coffee to brew.
5. Always put your car keys back in the same spot to ensure that you’re not scrambling around come morning. Routines are the best way to ensure that you don’t lose or forget important things and car keys are especially important.
Hopefully, these things will help to ease the rush and stress of the morning before work. LNE Consulting understands that coming into work after a morning where everything went wrong can be especially difficult, but we commend you for doing it because the work wouldn’t get done without you and the sacrifices that we all make to do the things we love.
From all of us at LNE Consulting we hope you have stress-free mornings and productive work weeks!
November is here and soon it will be Thanksgiving! At LNE Consulting, we like to take this time to reflect on our careers. Here are four of the major ones. Give it a read and reflect for yourself on what makes your job and career something to be thankful for.
- Your boss. We are thankful to have Julie Edmonds running the show at LNE Consulting. Having a boss who cares about his or her employees is so very important. Someone who pushes you to do your best and challenges you as you make your way in your career is a valuable asset in this life.
- Your colleagues. Having good friends in the office to get you through long weeks and late nights is essential to a good work environment. We are so grateful for the wonderful coworkers who make going to work way more fun than it should ever be!
- The opportunity to build a career. LNE Consulting is a wonderful place to push yourself and further yourself in your career. We like to give our employees many opportunities to challenge themselves in their work, and they become better because of it. Only you can build your career, but LNE Consulting can help along the way.
- Challenging work. We are thankful that we are in a field where we are pushed to do our best every single day. LNE Consulting is such a great environment to leave your comfort zone since there are help and support everywhere you turn. Besides, what fun is work if there isn’t a bit of a challenge to it?
There are truly many things to be grateful for as Thanksgiving approaches, and from all of us at LNE Consulting we truly hope this Thanksgiving is filled with good food and family.
Follow LNE Consulting on Instagram to see what we’re up to this November.
Here at LNE Consulting, one of our biggest keys to success is having high standards. This, in part, means dressing professionally and looking the part. They say that your appearance subconsciously dictates how you are perceived by others. So it only makes sense that dressing professionally boosts your reputation and can help you expand your network.
That doesn’t mean you have to spend 4 digits on a suit or splurge on a pair of nice dress shoes. Looking professional can actually be boiled down into a few basic rules. You’ll come to find that it’s not as difficult as you think.
Rule #1: Be clean and crisp
It doesn’t matter what brand you wear or how much something costs. The truth is, if you take care of your clothes properly then you’re bound to look presentable. A $200 shirt can actually look worse than a $10 shirt if it’s not properly cleaned and pressed. What it comes down to is cleaning your clothes per that little label on the inside, hanging them on a hanger, and ironing them if need be. If you take care of your clothes, they’ll take care of you!
Rule #2: Find a color medium
It’s hard to take someone seriously when they look like a bag of skittles. The way you dress is a testament to who you are, so feel free to give it a little flare, but keep it professional. Throw in one or two articles of clothing that make your outfit pop – but that still allow you to be taken seriously.
Rule #3: Dress for the occasion
Most people have an outfit or two that makes them feel invincible. Be sure to have a sharp suit and well-kept shoes on reserve so that you’re ready to look presentable if you’re invited to an event or a meeting with a client. Never underdress. It’s significantly harder to overdress than underdress, so play it safe by pulling yourself together!
It’s not about your style or how much money you spend on clothes. It’s how you present yourself with what you have. At LNE Consulting we know being professional is the name of the game, and dressing appropriately is a large component of that.
LNE Consulting has waited patiently for the Marlins to start making the playoffs for years. But as of right now, the Nationals won’t allow that to happen.
The Washington Nationals have replaced the New York Mets as the powerhouse in the NL East. Bryce Harper and co. have gotten exponentially better over the last three seasons making it difficult for any other team in the division to clinch a playoff spot. The real question LNE Consulting has is when will the Marlins takeover?
Well, the Marlins have a long way to go but they’re certainly moving in the right direction. Last year they finished a few games below .500 which is better than 20 games under like they finished in 2015.
The unfortunate part is that the Marlins don’t have a specific strength. They are the middle of the pack in hitting and are in the bottom half of the league in the major pitching statistics. The good news is there’s hope.
The Marlins have been using the last few drafts to beef up their pitching rotation. While most of these pitchers will spend some time in the minor leagues or finishing their collegiate careers, the Marlins will soon have a deep pitching rotation. Not to mention their most recent first round draft pick, Trevor Rogers. This kid can really sling it and he’s only 19. That’s called setting yourself up for your future.
Let’s not forget a few of the other good things the Marlins have going for them.
Marcell Ozuna might be the most slept on player in the league right now. He’s led the entire team in home runs, batting average, hits, and RBI’s for most of the year. Most of the team has a decent batting average but Ozuna has separated himself from the rest. He’s in his mid 20’s and has a bright future ahead of him if he ends up staying with the Marlins.
The pieces will start coming together in due time but the Marlins can’t panic. Their core is strong, they just have to keep building one year at a time. Who knows, the Marlins could be a few years away from a World Series. You can bet LNE Consulting will be rooting for them.
September is here, and with school starting again it may not feel like summer anymore. At LNE Consulting, we have found other ways to keep the summer fun alive despite the coming fall. So before the September responsibilities set in for good, try and get out to try a few of these fun activities.
- Bike Riding! To be fair, this can be done in any weather – especially here in Florida where we’ve got sunshine year round. With the summer heat subsiding, September is a great time to pick this hobby up again. If you are able, pack a picnic and bike somewhere remote with friends. Enjoy the beautiful weather with a beautiful ride!
- Jet skiing! Check out the local jet skiing options available on Hollywood Beach or some of the other beaches nearby. Get out on the water and make some memories.
- Go on a boating excursion. Check out some of the available rental places near us in Hollywood, FL or, if you’re feeling adventurous, take a trip out to the Florida Keys and check out some of the wildlife out there! It will still feel like summer from the bow of your boat.
- Try canoeing in West Lake Park, not far from LNE Consulting’s office in Hollywood, FL. There is a wonderful waterfront site for canoeing and picnics, make a day out of it and plan some time before things get busy this fall. Just don’t tip the canoe!
- Head on over to the Anne Kolb Nature Center, where there are beautiful hiking trails, an observation tower, an aquarium and even mangroves that you can paddle through in Kayaks! With so many options, this center is definitely worth a day trip.
So, even though it’s September, it doesn’t have to feel like fall yet. While we enjoy beautiful weather all year long in Hollywood, FL, it can still get busier once fall hits and responsibilities begin again. So find some time to keep the freedom and fun of summer alive, and from all of us at LNE Consulting, we hope you make some wonderful memories!